- Established in 1985
- Group of 20 (past students of NTI) formed every July; rehearse that season’s plays and travel all over the state till following March.
- Formed afresh every year, disbanded at the end
- 4 months of travel shows, usually, one show for every 50-100 kms of travel; performing almost every day (roughly, 120 shows in 140 days)
- All members of the group paid equally
- Has put up 85 productions; staged about 3400 shows before an estimated audience of 20 lakhs.
- 80% of the shows have been done in taluka towns or still smaller places; has covered all districts of Karnataka, almost every year
- Plays include Western, Indian and Kannada; directors are invited from Karnataka and outside as well
- No dearth of shows/audience anywhere.
- The total expenditure for the project has been approximately Rs. 1,15,000 in 1985; Rs. 4,50,000 in 1995; Rs. 13,00,000 in 2002; Rs. 24,00,000 in 2010. More than 60% of this spent on salary (Rs. 400 pm in 1985, Rs. 3500 pm in 2003; Rs. 6000 pm in 2010)
- Income: Grant from DOC, GOI (35%), revenue from invited shows (55%) and advertisement (10%)
- Travel and Remuneration charges: Rs. 3000 for 3 shows in 1985; Rs. 10,000 for 3 shows in 2002; Rs. 15,000 in 2010 for 2 shows.
For Ninasam Tirugata Photos click here.
For Ninasam Tirugata Videos click here.